Kinston Teens is a nonprofit youth organization with a mission of empowering our community’s young people through service, leadership and civic engagement. Since 2014, Kinston Teens has worked hard to create opportunities for youth to be involved in the work to improve our great city.
In the considerably short time that the organization has been active, the organization has grown and demonstrated success in a variety of areas. However, as the organization grows, so does the need for a greater administrative capacity.
We are seeing a Volunteer Bookkeeper to share their time and knowledge to help us complete our mission by ensuring that our administrative tasks are professionally completed in a timely fashion.
- Experience in business, accounting, management or bookkeeping preferred
- Reliability, professionalism and excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Maintain accurate and thorough financial records of the organization
- Organize and record cash, check and online donations to the organization
- Ensures that all expenses are appropriately recorded and categorized
- Organize and file digital and physical copies of organization receipts
- Gain experience working with a notable nonprofit youth organization
- Record of volunteer service for work and/or school purposes
- Opportunity to become a paid position if funding becomes available
Volunteer bookkeepers must be available to work at least two hours per week from the Kinston Teens office.
Apply by emailing Chris Suggs, Executive Director, at email@example.com.